Noodlehead - Fika Tote
This product is currently sold out.
Fika is a Swedish word, meaning ‘to have coffee’. The classic clean lines of this mid-sized tote give a nod to my Scandinavian heritage. The Fika Tote has plenty of features you’ll love, like front pockets, a back lapped zipper pocket, recessed zipper closure and padded pockets. Take this tote on your next visit with friends!
two front pockets for things you need to keep close at hand
back lapped zippered pocket
optional recessed zipper (it's optional, but I know you'll love it!)
makes a great work or student bag, padded interior pockets can accommodate most laptop sizes
Skill Level: Intermediate (this is a fairly straightforward sew, but due to the number of pieces and size of the tote I classify this pattern as Intermediate) an adventurous Advanced Beginner could also tackle this project - just takes a bit of organization. Approx. Finished Dimensions: 17” wide, 15” tall, 5” deep
Materials needed: Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- 1 yard Exterior Fabric
- 1/2 yard Accent Fabric
- 2 yards Lining Fabric (includes interior pockets)
- 3 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20”-wide)
- 3/4 yard Foam Stabilizer (byAnnie’s Soft & Stable (58”-wide) or 2 yards Pellon Foam Flex (20”-wide) or 1 yard Pellon 987f fusible fleece (44”-wide)
- (1) 18”-20” zipper (closed-ended or separating) for recessed zip closure
- (1) 30” handbag (head-to-head or single pull) zipper for back exterior pocket (will be shortened)
Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight canvas (7-9 oz. weight) or medium weight quilting cotton for exterior fabric. Quilting cotton for Lining and Accent fabric.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, glue pen (Sewline glue pen is my favorite), size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, turning tool, pinking shears