Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters: A Guide to Creating, Quilting and Living Courageously - Sherri Lynn Wood
This product is currently sold out.
The Improv Handbook presents a flexible approach to quilt making that breaks free of old rules and expectations in a fun, accessible way. It’s a comprehensive guide to improvisational patchwork featuring:
- over 15 innovative ruler-free sewing techniques
- tips for accessing intuitive color
- mind tools that cultivate presence, spontaneity, and risk taking
- experiential design exercises on scale, line, borders and more
- 10 “scores” for improvisation that free quilters to create quilts unlike anyone else’s
The “scores” are not step-by-step instructions like a traditional quilt pattern, but parameters, leads and limits that allow improvisation to occur—much in the way a lead sheet provides a jazz musician parameters for improvising during a performance.
The book features my quilts and a gallery of 22 quilts chosen from among the hundreds submitted by volunteers who tested the scores before publication.