Sew House Seven - Cosmos Sweatshirt and Elemental Pencil Skirt - Various
This variant is currently sold out
The Romey Gathered Dress & Top pattern is inspired by our beloved Remy Raglan pattern. Beginning with the signature (Version #2) Remy keyhole neckline and loose fit, we shortened the waistline into an elegant empire waist with a gathered skirt or peplum and billowy gathered sleeves at bracelet length. Both dress versions include patch pockets because our customers love pockets.
With its flowy and oversized fit, we would classify the Romey Gathered Dress and Top as "secret pajamas" that can be worn casually with sneakers, sandals or boots. Sew one up in a slinkier fabric for a more polished look!
- Split front, button detail
- Raglan sleeves with full gathers at the sleeve cuffs
- Gathered skirt or peplum that starts about 1.5”/ 3.8cm above the natural waist
- Optional patch pockets (Dress Versions #2 & #3 only)
- Three lengths, Version #1 - high hip; Version #2 - just above the knee; Version #3 - midi-length
For a flowy and romantic dress or top with less volume, we suggest a drapey fabric such as rayon challis, rayon/linen blends or sandwashed silk. For a fuller, cottagecore look, linen or cotton lawn is perfect.